How to submit
Welcome to our introductory page for online submissions.
For the 2019 cycle, the results of the selection process have been announced in October 2018.
The submission process for the 2020 cycle will be communicated soon.
Each submitted project must:
- align with one or more of the Foundation’s key axes
- be beneficial to the general interest
- be located in a country in which Alstom is represented
- be measurable in terms of its outcome and impact on the communities concerned
- be realistic and feasible within the budget and deadlines
- involve local stakeholders and local team/management
- be implemented by a fully competent partner organisation
be in line with the Alstom Foundation’s Ethics Charter
Role of the Alstom Promoter
All projects must be submitted by an NGO together with an Alstom employee acting in the role of the Project Promoter.
The Promoter will work with the NGO to prepare the project file and will validate the file prior to its submission. If the project is selected, the Promoter will assist the Secretariat in monitoring its implementation.
Each Alstom employee is allowed to support one project submission only per year.
If you have a good project to submit but don't know anyone from Alstom, the Secretariat of the Alstom Foundation may be able to help you identify someone willing to Play the promoter role in support of your project. But finding such a Promoter takes time. Accordingly, the deadline for receipt by the Secretariat of requests to find an Alstom Promoter is fixed at 1 May 2019. No such requests will be considered after this date.
Furthermore the Secretariat does not guarantee to find a Promoter for each submission. Promoters are volunteers who will only step forward if a project concept interests them.
Before creating your submission, please note:
- You will be guided to formulate your project through several preformatted forms to help optimize your submission.
- Each form contains a help function to assist you with the description of your project
- You can save your project as a draft and continue your submission at a later stage
Please review your project carefully before submitting – once your project is submitted the selection process is automatically initiated
Should you have any questions or difficulties in completing the forms please contact the Alstom Foundation on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the Alstom Foundation can only act in countries where Alstom has a presence. Below is a list of eligible countries for project submissions.
List of eligible countries
February to June: Definition of the project with partners and stakeholders and verification of adherence to Alstom Foundation guidelines. (Preparation of the project file)
Mid June: Deadline for project submission to the Alstom Foundation.
End of September: Selection by the Board of the projects to be funded. Elaboration and signature of the contract between the Alstom Foundation and the partner with detailed objectives, budget plan and timeline
All year long: Review of the achievements and challenges of the project. Verification of achievement of milestones and overall project objectives