- Location Mexico - Mexico City & Metropolitan Area
Organic farming is common in the region but smallholder farmers suffer from rudimentary practices, small volumes & many intermediaries, while retail shops sell ultra-processed unhealthy food (Sodas & snacks).
The project consists of a training program that makes healthy food accessible by connecting directly farmers & shopkeepers.
- Value chain analysis (Interviews, field research with producers/shop owners/consumers)
- Benchmark (Competition mapping, pricing hypothesis, logistics)
- Go to market strategy (Pilot zones, partnerships) 4/ Commercialization & distribution
- Capacity building (Product diversification, quality certification, packaging improvement, e-learning platform & social networks)
- Technology building (Invoicing system, WhatsApp to manage orders).
NGO: FUNDES Catalyst
Paola-Larissa Hidalgo-Amezola - Site Supplier Quality Manager, Mexico-City
Initiate date • Duration
06.09.2022 • 12 months